Saturday 1 January 2011

Onwards into 2011!

So, about 15 hours ago, we entered the Year Of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Eleven, or if you prefer, the Two-Thousand and Eleventh Year of the Common/Christian Era. I thought I might celebrate/commemorate this moment in time by posting a list of some of my hopes for things to happen in the upcoming year.

Global Hopes
-For LGBT rights to advance worldwide, with more countries legalising gay sexual activity and/or same-sex marriage, and more protection from discrimination being provided for homosexual, bisexual and transgender people.
-For countries to reduce carbon emissions worldwide, and a concrete global treaty to be achieved at the next climate summit.
-For at least some countries to pass from authoritarian regimes to democratic ones.
-For a more united European Union.
-For organisations like the BNP and EDL to decrease in popularity.

Personal Hopes/Goals
-To give up more animal products
-To gain good AS grades
-To forgive those I presently consider unforgivable
-To write more stuff

Also, I want to make this blog more worth reading/following. It is something that I genuinely love doing, and I'm very grateful to everyone who considers it worth their time reading my opinions, perspectives, rants, rambles, hopes, dreams etc- when the internet (oh, and the real world) is so full of so many good things spend time on.
So, to start with, I aim to post a blog post every single day in the month of January. I know this will seem like a big leap from the erratic sort-of-once-a-week posting that's been going on so far, but I if want to get more serious about this whole blog melarkey, it seems right and proper to "throw myself in the deep end", as it were.

So, that's that. To help me, I'm officialy giving everyone who reads this blog permission to email me stuff about this blog. If there's a news story you want to bring up, or if you have any other ideas about things to blog about, then send them to me. I'm pretty sure my web address is available information somewhere, but it's sam_copson@hotmail.com, at any rate.

Hope you enjoyed reading, and we'll be back here again tomorrow.

Finally, may I be the umpteenth person to wish you a very happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you'll be blogging more! And, wow, one per day is a lot! Good luck. I may email you later with some ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see your blog more regularly, especially on the controversial sunjects you've mentioned.

    May this be the year of the über blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rapid encouragement! Thank you both muchly. :)

    ReplyDelete